Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop TE01-2250xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello. I purchased an ENVY TE01-2250xt last year with an Intel i5-11400 processor. I want to upgrade our memory from 8GB to 32GB, however I've only found one brand (Corsair) that says it is compatible with this pc. Will others brands such as Crucial and PNY also work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@royaleblue02 , welcome to the Community.

You have to be cautious when upgrading the memory in your computer.  HP doesn't use Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) to overclock their memory.  They use the standard SPD speed on the memory modules.  Therefore, not all memory will run at the specified speed, such as, 3200 GHz.  The standard speed for all memory modules is 2133 GHz.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  If Crucial's app recommends their memory it is guaranteed to work or they will replace it at no additional charge to you.  I suggest contacting their Tech Support before ordering to get their advice.  They are the experts on their products.  Crucial is the retail branch of Micron.  One of three manufacturers of memory modules.  They make very good memory.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@royaleblue02 , welcome to the Community.

You have to be cautious when upgrading the memory in your computer.  HP doesn't use Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) to overclock their memory.  They use the standard SPD speed on the memory modules.  Therefore, not all memory will run at the specified speed, such as, 3200 GHz.  The standard speed for all memory modules is 2133 GHz.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  If Crucial's app recommends their memory it is guaranteed to work or they will replace it at no additional charge to you.  I suggest contacting their Tech Support before ordering to get their advice.  They are the experts on their products.  Crucial is the retail branch of Micron.  One of three manufacturers of memory modules.  They make very good memory.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice, and assistance. The current RAM installed is 3200 GHz (Micron Technology 4ATF51264AZ-3G2J1 DDR4). I am not looking to over clock the machine, I just wanted the GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super) to make smoother transitions in games I play. I play casually, so this isn't a huge thing. I just thought it would help to increase the memory from 8GB to 32GB. Again, thank you so much for your help. I never would have thought to contact Crucial themselves.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @royaleblue02!

I can't tell you how many times over the years that I have contacted a manufacturer's Tech Support.  They are the best source of information about their products and compatibility with other manufacturer's components.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.