Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Pre Built
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I was having some problems with changing the CPU on my prebuilt. These are the specs:

Ryzen 5 5600G

RX 5500

8GB RAM

I wanted to swap the 5600G with the 3200G but it seems like is not working. So I was wondering, does anybody know the compatibility for the new Erica 3 Erica 5 motherboard? Maybe it is an issue with compatibility. And if not, what could be causing this?

Thank you everyone 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Erica3

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: LGA 1200
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor
TDP
AMD Ryzen 3 4300G (Renoir) 3.8 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.0 GHz maximum boost clock, 4 MB L3 cache, and 4 cores
65 W
AMD Ryzen 5 4600G (Renoir) 3.7 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz maximum boost clock, 8 MB L3 cache, and 6 cores
65 W
AMD Ryzen 7 4700G (Renoir) 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz maximum boost clock, 8 MB L3 cache, and 8 cores
65 W
HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Erica5

• Socket type: LGA 1200
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    AMD Ryzen 3 4300G (Renoir) 3.8 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.0 GHz maximum boost clock, 4 MB L3 cache, and 4 cores
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen 5 4600G (Renoir) 3.7 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz maximum boost clock, 8 MB L3 cache, and 6 cores
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen 7 4700G (Renoir) 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz maximum boost clock, 8 MB L3 cache, and 8 cores
    65 W

same

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c06955243

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c06945872

This sometimes happens, but the processor you indicated is not listed either, certain of the model?
Check

Hello

[start]
This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb
-----------------------------------------------

there is 

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Erica 

• Socket type: AM4
Processor
TDP
Integrated graphics
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 3.7 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 11 Graphics
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.0 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
AMD Athlon 300UGE, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4 MB cache, Dual core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
AMD Ryzen 5 3500, 3.4 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz burst frequency, 16 MB cache, Hexa core (Matisse)
65 W
NA
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz burst frequency, 32 MB cache, Octa core (Matisse)
65 W
NA

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Erica2 

• Socket type: AM4
Processor
TDP
Integrated graphics
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 3.7 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 11 Graphics
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.0 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
AMD Athlon 300UGE, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4 MB cache, Dual core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 3 Graphics

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.