Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The ERICA motherboard page states the following processor allowable upgrades:

• Athlon 300 UGE APU
  • Ryzen 3 3200G APU
  • Ryzen 5 3400G APU  (what I have)
  • Ryzen 5 3500 CPU
  • Ryzen 7 3700X CPU

However, the info on ERICA 2 motherboard (the one in my desktop) states the processor upgrades are limited to just the APUs on the list. When researching the specs on both the ERICA and ERICA 2 motherboards, both appear to be identical. In short, can I upgrade from the Ryzen 5 3400G to the Ryzen 7 3700X on the ERICA 2 motherboard as you can with the ERICA motherboard? 

And yes, I know I would need a discrete graphics card for the Ryzen 7 3700X.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nedtrox , welcome to the Community.

HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  They use the same motherboard in many different models with many different configurations.  Sometimes to be able to lower the price-point on a model they will limit the capabilities.  You are absolutely correct that both the Erica and Erica2 look identical, but HP may have altered the Erica2 in your model to only use the three processors that are listed in the Specifications.  Since I am not a HP employee, I can't be certain that this is the complete answer.  However, I don't recommend trying a processor that is not listed unless you are willing to return it if it doesn't work.  I have seen it go both ways from time to time.  I hope this helps you understand what is most likely the situation.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Wow!! Thanks for the quick reply. 😄

You said your not a HP employee, but are there employees on this forum that will have a solid answer for this question if my post is left up long enough? 

HP Recommended

@Nedtrox, no, this is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.