Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 22-b043ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im trying to use the EXP GDC EGPU on my hp 22-b043ne. I already have all the needed components however, whenever i try to bootup my system all im getting is a black screen.

i tried just removing the NGFF wifi card and it boots, i tried plugging just the cable of the EGPU and it doesnt bootup. And after extensive research, i found out that HP has this Bios whitelist thing that prevents the use of 3rd party equipment from being used in their system.

so, to cut to the chase, does anybody know to disable this “whitelist”?.

please please please let me know if theres anyone out there that can shed some light on hoe to get this thing going as unlike other people, this is all i have and i cant afford buying a new system that would work on this setup. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no whitelist in your PC, and if there is, there is no way to disable it.

You would have to have the skills to write a new BIOS for the PC which I can guarantee you...no one on this forum can help you with.

Some devices simply will not work such as trying to use the M.2 slot for anything other than the wifi adapter.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to go into the BIOS, enable legacy mode and disable secure boot.

Secure boot prevents some add on devices from not working, such as video cards.

See this link for the settings to change.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I just did those steps that you provided. Disabled secure boot and enabled the legacy mode however, im still not getting any display nor power to my mouse and keyboard.

not sure what to do at this point now. I dont think this will work with an external display as well as the motherboard does not provide power to both kb and mouse. So i think the system is locking up itself to prevent its use when im using the EGPU.

this is just so sad.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that disabling secure boot didn't work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.