Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am wanting to update my SFF storage and make boot and overall usability snappier.  I am seduced by the transfer speeds of PCI-E / M.2 ssd, and wondered if there is an appropriate connector on the mainboard of the SFF? I know there is in the mini version.  

M.2 drives are listed in the manual, but there is no reference to installing them.  

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
the best if you have the computer, would be to check directly
there are indeed models indicated here, that will allow at least to buy identical:

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor Product Specifications

HP 256 GB Turbo Drive SSD-M.2 PCIe Card

Architecture
Solid State Drive M.2 PCIe Gen 2 x4 AHCI; NCQ Command Set
Interface
M.2 PCIe Gen 2 x4
Form factor
M.2 2280

You also have this:

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF Business PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Hardware Reference Guide

But there may still be errors, different motherboard model
We don't always have the precise documents for a given model
From what I have read, I would say that it is very likely, but the best is still direct verification, before buying!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G5 TWR which does have a second M.2 socket so I purchased and fitted an M.2 SSD device. On power up the screen showed a message that it was re-configuring and then ran normally. I can't find the additional drive on 'Disk Management' or in the BIOS so have not yet been able to bring it into use. I have had no help from my post on this panel or HP! Good luck on getting it going!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.