Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
700-230ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

While cleaning the dust out of my Envy 700-230ea I noticed that it has what looks like a mSata socket that is undocumented.

Anyone know if this is actually enabled on this board, or is it disabled in firmware.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Indeed, I could be wrong, but I have the impression.
I did not have time to look at all the models, if you want, you can try:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-700-200-desktop-pc-series/5399651/product-info

But I think you can give up, plus it might not be easy to find a compatible model!
Please mark the subject, if it suits you, to finalize this thread!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
Can you specify which mSata socket you are talking about?
In the picture here, what are you referring to, if it's on the motherboard?

HP ENVY 700-230ea Desktop PC Product Specifications

Motherboard Specifications, MS-7826 (Kaili)

Photograph of motherboard

if it is indeed connectors that we can see here, blue white yellow dark blue that we are talking about, they are all operational, normally!

if there is another one, I think of the red one here, it must also be the case!
For some models we have, unlike this one, more information, look for example at this motherboard:

Motherboard Specifications, (JasmineR)

6x SATA 6 Gb/s

one black  more and red !

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée       Special thanks to @erico 

Here is a labled Kali motherboard.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/memory-replacement/td-p/7042377

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi

On the photo shown above it's the white socket top right just above the main power connector. I have seen another picture where all the connectors on this board are named an that one was shown as m-Sata 

I think I saw the photo on the MSI site.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you @wb2001 
we find these documents less and less, it was very practical.
@Paul-H2  That said, although I think this port is functional, it seems to me that we have no information on it.
Maybe an HP expert could tell us more ...

[edit]

I had an idea but a doubt!
this is confirmed with another model this is generally used for the small m sata SSD like this:

Image of a 16 GB solid state drive

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-700-200-desktop-pc-series/5399651/document/c04149808

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Ok

So if I understand it correctly it's not for use of a m-Sata as a stand alone boot drive just a a small cashing drive to help speed up the standard hard drive, assuming it's actually enabled in bios.

Is that correct? 

HP Recommended

Indeed, I could be wrong, but I have the impression.
I did not have time to look at all the models, if you want, you can try:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-700-200-desktop-pc-series/5399651/product-info

But I think you can give up, plus it might not be easy to find a compatible model!
Please mark the subject, if it suits you, to finalize this thread!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.