cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
FarAtom6188
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Envy h9-1440t and TPM for Windows 11

HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix h9-1440t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in the Windows Insider program but have resisted Windows 11 so far on this machine because it doesn't have a TPM and I don't want to have to re-install Windows 10 later once 11 is GA.

Is there a TPM module that I can buy and install in this machine ? I think that is the only Windows 11 requirement that is missing according to WhyNotWin11. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
145,114 68,675 22,848 35,028
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor your PC comes with doesn't meet the requirements for W11.

Needs to be an Intel 8th gen core, and yours is only a 3rd gen core.

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors | Microsoft Docs

Rumors are that Microsoft may relax the processor requirements back to the 6th gens after further testing is done, but I highly doubt they will go all the way back to the 3rd gens.

There is no way to install a TPM 2.0 chip in your PC that I know of.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation