Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey. So I recently got a new computer and I've lately been noticing that my exhaust fan at the back of the computer doesn't spin. I don't know what the reason for this could be. I've opened my computer (HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01) and made sure that the case fan connection to the motherboard is connected. Could this problem have something to do with the BIOS? As you can understand my computer gets alarmingly hot and I do not know what to do. Can someone please help me?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry. I forgot to mention that the exhaust fan spins sometimes when I start the computer and sometimes not. I would understand if the exhaust fan just turned on when the computer got hot but it doesn't!!

HP Recommended

@OrmenMedDator

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please update the BIOS https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Also follow the instructions in this Link:

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I just updated my bios. What I noticed after I wrote my last question was that my exhaust fan turned off when my computer was turned on but wasn't used. So everytime my computer had just been turned on but not used for a while my exhaust fan would turn off but not turn on again when I started using it. For it to start spinning again I needed to restart my PC. Hope the bios fix my problem. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@OrmenMedDator Here are my 2 cents on the issue, if the bios update doesn't help:

• Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.