Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sorry I have posted this in another thread but think it was in the wrong board. 

So last week I brought a Pavillion All-In-One Desktop and have just started to use it properly.

I use Excel and Sage a LOT and am constantly using the FN buttons to perform certain functions within the software however I cannot use them without pressing the FN button which is extremely inconvenient for the amount of times I do it!

I have called HP Support and they told me that it possible to change this setting on laptops but not on desktops (!!) so I am not holding out a lot of hope as I presume support know what they are on about, but does anyone know of any way this can be changed?!

Just thought I would ask before I raise some sort of complaint with HP as it seems ridiculous that you can change on one and not the other.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Jordan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JL7778818405 

The are correct -- and the simplest solution is to buy a cheap USB keyboard with a standard layout.  That will not have an Fn key, so you will be able to do what you want easily.  I got one a little while back and it cost me under $10 USD.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for this, I thought that would be the case but I couldn't quite believe that someone in HP software development could be so stupid to delete that option from the BIOS, especially when they have left it there for laptops..........what's the difference!

It's a shame as it's a really nice keyboard other than the fact I can't press the buttons I want to press! 🙂

HP Recommended

@JL7778818405 

If you think that is bad, in some newer keyboard, HP has left of the INSERT key -- which makes it very difficult to use!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.