KR8er
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Failure ID: GGF3HD-7RRA9M-PXPAMF-60XL03

HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-n014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer recently wouldn’t turn on.  It was getting power but nothing would happen when I hit the Power button.  I unplugged the machine and opened it up only to find that a 2032 battery was above the motherboard.  I replaced this battery and the computer now boots on.  However, it gets stuck on the HP screen.  I ran a diagnostics test and this is the error I receive:

Hard Drive Short DST Check:  FAILED

Failure ID: GGF3HD-7RRA9M-PXPAMF-60XL03
PRODUCT ID: M9Z68AA#ABA

anyone able to help me identify what this means? 

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,170 124,526 20,722 31,813
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the error report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
GGF3HD-7RRA9M-PXPAMF-60XL03OKXXXXXXXXXX11/4/20303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

Below is the link to the service guide where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04858286

You can reinstall W10 for free on the new hard drive by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.  Make the 64 bit installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-24-n000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
6,161 6,089 676 2,480
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
The drive is probably defective, but may not be completely dead.
Maybe you want to recover some data, replacing it is good but losing data may not be cool ...
You may even try a reinstallation afterwards, the disk may continue to work for a while ...
You can therefore attempt to recover data with a live disk (linux type)
Or reconnect the Hard Disk, once removed with a USB adapter you need another computer, or have already replaced the hard disk
I couldn't translate everything, but this might help:

que faire en cas d' erreur / échec dst du disque dur - HP Support Community - 7338574

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation