Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z1 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How is the HP heatsink fitted to the Z1 G3 nvme m2 SSD

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Johdun,

Is this a question how to access the M.2 SSD on your HP Z1 G3 All-in-One Workstation to add the HP heatsink?

Because even though I admittedly never touched a Z1 G3, I only see two tiny screws, so it should be an easy install.

Link (go to time stamp 2 minutes 12 seconds): HP Z1 G3 All-In-One Workstation Review - YouTube

NonSequitur777_0-1642047407570.png

HP Recommended

Fitting the heatsink seems to require the removal of a part of the chassis not just a simple fit up.

HP Recommended

Please provide the HP product number (not serial number) of your computer.  In addition, a picture or link to your specific computer version would be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

The product number is D8G62AV the Youtube Link by "IT Creations Inc." shows the location of the NVMe chips the heatsink protrudes into the bottom of the case.

HP Recommended

I see what you mean.  The challenge I am also running into is that I haven't been able to find a step-by-step disassembly description of your Z1 G3 AIO through HP -or by any other source, for that matter.  Time and time again I run into results like this:

NonSequitur777_0-1642303764386.png

My hope is that perchance an actual HP Expert knows where for Pete's sake to dig up this information. In the meanwhile, I contacted a source who may be helpful:

NonSequitur777_1-1642303844403.png

HP Recommended

I've found the same problem. Thanks for your efforts they are most appreciated. I don't want to start pulling it apart. You'd think that the heatsink being a genuine HP part that there would be some fitting instructions. Oh well. Take care and thanks once again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.