Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590 desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to fit a Sata SSD to my PC.

There is a space labelled for the SSD but it needs a carrier to fit it properly.

At the moment It is just resting loosely in the space but I would like to fix it in properly.

What carrier do I need?

Cheers

Gerry

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

well any adapter made can work

even tie wrapping a SDD to a cage. (cave man style works sure does , no motor spinning in any SSD so safe to do)

2.5" to 3.5 inch adapters.(endless makers , )

i have done them all even made a 3.5" floppy drive gutted to be ssd now. stealthy. (for a friend)

or gutted a dvd in a laptop to do that, too. (there are DVD slot adapters too to 2.5" sure are.

ever google or use  ebay, the latter has endless examples. even for a buck.

I just got 10 from china for $5, read rubber , is 3D printed there I think. dirt cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=2.5+to+3.5+adapter&_sacat...

even dell sells them on ebay , blue special 3.5" trays seen on ebay .

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@gerryinspain 

HDDs need mounting brackets because they spin and can vibrate.

SSDs are basically hunks of memory attached to a circuit board -- no moving parts, nothing to spin or vibrate. You do not need to mount an SSD; I have mine sitting loose in my desktops and they work just fine.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, both of you for your replies.

Aware that SSD doesn't have any moving parts so can be just left loose in the desktop case.

But I would like to fix it in properly if I can.

I have a carrier for my SSD which I used in my defunct desktop but it is the correct width but too high to fit into the space in my HP desktop. Hence my question about carriers suitable for my HP desktop.

Cheers

Gerry

HP Recommended

@gerryinspain 

Understand -- as I have my SSDs mounted on brackets in my primary desktop.. But those brackets came with the case, as I bought that on my own.  I don't believe that HP sells those brackets for their cases, and these tend to be case-specific.  So, you are going to have a very hard time tracking them down.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.