Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP8200CMT i7 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. I recently own an HP8200CMT workstation with an i7 2600 CPU. I installed on a new Windows 10 SSD (I formatted the old WD Raptor disk ..) I checked that the fan speed is always constant (I would say at minimum speed). The speed of the three fans (chassis, CPU and PSU) never changes during PC use: both in rest and stress conditions the RPMs are constant. I measured 26 ° C in idle and 80 ° C with 15 minutes of IntelBurnTest at maximum load. I think it's not a normal condition: the inside of the case gets very hot. The fans work properly because I tried to raise the speed through the "THERMAL" setting in the BIOS: if I change this the speed changes without problems. I've tried different software to control or monitor the speed but no one reads or changes the RPM of the fans. For example SpeedFan recognizes the presence of the two PWM chips (which seems to be managed by the software) but does not allow either the speed reading or the change. The temperatures are instead read normally. Can it be a hardware problem? I also tried with other new PWM fans but the behavior is the same. Can it be a software problem? Is the installation of some drivers missing? I added the driver for the Intel Management Engine but nothing has changed (ME usually also includes the QST system for power management but in this case it seems not ...) I know that Windows 10 is not a S.O. supported: missing some ACPI components for fan management? Trying to change the DSDT can be a solution? The bios is updated to version 88 (now I do not remember ...) Is there specific documentation for the adaptation of ACPI tables? Since the PC should be quiet at rest and cool under stress, I need to manage (or automatically manage) the speed adjustment depending on the load (it would not be enough to raise the minimum speed in the bios ...) Thanks to all and sorry my simple english 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

A little add: there are any thermal sensor in wiring? I've simplify cable management... How many temps I must read with software such HwInfo? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.