Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 595-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I want to upgrade my pc and add a GTX 1660 Super. Does my HP843B motherboard support this gpu ? If anyone knows please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@giorgosempiros , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  Also, which manufacturer's card do you want to buy?  A link to it would be helpful.  Once I have this information I will help you further.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My product number is: 5CR59EA#AB7

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @giorgosempiros!

Unfortunately, you won't be able to upgrade your computer to the GTX 1660 Super.  It requires a power supply unit (PSU) with at least 450W: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1660-super/?ncid=afm-chs-44270&ranMID=44270&...

The PSU in your computer is only 180W.  The motherboard is HP proprietary.  It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard ATX 24-pin power connector.  The only PSU's that will work with the motherboard are sold by HP.  The most powerful one that they sell for your motherboard is only 400W.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.