Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Try this...

Desktop > Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > go to tab called Adaptor. Then look at the Total, Dedicated, System, and Shared memory.

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
HP Recommended
So,
Total is 2276mb
Dedicated is 512mb
System is 0mb
Shared is 1764mb
HP Recommended

Doesn't look like anything is wrong... I think. Total being 2276, and part being shared and part dedicated. What told you that it wasn't using all GPU memory?

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
HP Recommended
When I check if I can run a game or something, it tells me that I have 1gb if vram and when I saw 2gb of vram I throught it wasn’t using all 2 gb. Is there a way of increasing performance like over clocking or something?
HP Recommended

Oh, gotcha. Does the game still run well? If it does, I don't think there's any worry needed. You can overclock, but I don't know if you can do it on a stock HP motherboard. Also, before doing that, try re-installing your drivers.

HP Recommended
Only some games, and when I have maybe 2 programs in the background I start to get FPS drops. Could there be a issue due to the power supply due to it being 180w and not having enough power. Also how would u recommend to reinstall the drivers
HP Recommended

That sounds like you need more actual RAM for your PC. The power supply shouldn't be a problem. The first I'd suggest is to go to AMD's site to find a new set of drivers for your PC, then go into Device Manager and right click the GPU and selecting "uninstall." Then reboot your PC and install the new driver.

HP Recommended
Ok, I have 8 Gb of RAM and I will try that
HP Recommended

8GB is plenty, you do not need to get more, my bad.

HP Recommended
Ok, thanks for the help, if there is anything I will just reply here. Thanks so much
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.