Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 610-1000fr

A friend of mine is trying to replace the Graphics Card in his old HP Touchsmart 610-1000fr. The original card was a HD 5570 MXM 3 109-c07657-20.

Does anyone know what he can replace it with?

Will any "MXM 3.0 type A" GPU fit, or does it have to be the exact same card?

I understand MXM is an abandoned format, but maybe we might find something on Ebay...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are some MMX type a GPUs available. You have two issues to be concerned with: VBIOS compatibility and wattage.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer!

Well, there's that thing about wattage.

The motherboard info page mentions "<35W"  in the Video section.

Looks like the most frugal of the video cards on the page you linked asks for 45W (Quadro K1100M)?

Wikipedia's page about MXM mentions the Quadro M620 Mobile, and lists it at 30W, but I can't seem to find this card for sale anywhere. Maybe it is OEM and/or professional hardware only?

HP Recommended

@BobArdKor

Hi,

The HP TouchSmart 610-1000fr Desktop PC is fairly new so you might be able to use a higher wattage MMX card.  HP doesn't publish the maximum wattage limitation for the MMX slot in your PC so that is an unknown.

See if you can find a supplier that has multiple MMX card models and find out what the return policy and/or refund policy is if the MMX card doesn't work.

"fr" is French model?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I think the best card that will work with that wattage is a: AMD Radeon 7650A 2GB DDR3 they are avaible used and new on ebay for varying decent prices... I would thermal paste and heat sink it if I installed one in my Touchsmart 610 (thinking about it, as my is a 610-1050f which isn't even using it's MXM slot by default, rather onboard APU tom foolery.. bleh).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.