Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 590 p0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am interested in upgrading the gpu on this pc. I would prefer the RX 580 4gb at a minimum but would even do RX 570 or GTX 1060. 

Computer

HP 590-p0066 Pavilion i5-8400 2.8GHz 8GB RAM 1TB HDD

However I have a few questions first.

1. Will the psu need upgraded for these gpus?

2. Will this case have enough room?I know the dual fans arent the smallest. 
3. Is there even a motherboard slot for the addition of these? 
Huge thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC has a factory 180 watt power supply. This power supply will not work with any graphics card upgrade options you are seeking.

The only option is the GTX 1060. This card requires a 400 watt power supply.

HP has a 400 watt power supply option (part number L04618-800) that should work with your PC. You need one six pin PCIe connection to the graphics card.

You can buy this part at HP Part Surfer (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

The psu is actually 310 watt. The recommendation for gtx 1060 is 400 watts but if it is gtx 1050 it would work since recommendation is 300 watt psu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.