Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-308nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The title says it all, more or less.

In my HP 500-300nr desktop GTX 745 is overheating and throttling down.

The fan is sometimes vibrating (probably bad lubrication due to advanced age).

What fans are compatible to the card's existing heatsink?

What "cooling systems" are compatible with the card?
(since I would need to remove the heatsink to change or oil the fan anyway)

Are the holes for heatsink placement really at 40 x 23 mm pattern?

Will GT 1030 be a slight upgrade or a downgrade compared to GTX 745?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check out the 745 verses a 1030 here (Link). Not much difference from my perspective.

A 1030 or better graphics card will work on your PC if it fits, you have the correct power supply, and you disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support in the BIOS(Link).

This forum is not the place to look for help on replacing specific graphics card components such as fans, heatsinks, or other stuff.

Regards

HP Recommended

>Check out the 745 verses a 1030 here (Link). Not much difference from my perspective.

I did, before asking =D

>disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support in the BIOS

I think my PC does not have this weird useless Secure Boot stuff, for it was not shipped with Windows 10.

>This forum is not the place to look for help on replacing specific graphics card components such as fans, heatsinks, or other stuff.

One would wonder, if "Hardware" forum is not for this, which forum is?

And thank you for your answer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.