Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-113nl

I’m looking to upgrade my gpu so I can play destiny 2 on     

HP Pavilion 550-113nl

I know will also need to upgrade my power supply. Can u recommend a gpu and power supply for it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Klown 

Here is a video card and PSU that are considerably less expensive.  Read the reviews to see what users have to say about them.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Klown , welcome to the forum.

You didn't mention how much you want to spend for the video card.  So, I have provided a link to one that I believe will play most any game.  Here are the system requirements for Destiny 2.  I based my pick on the Recommended requirements.

You can use any standard ATX power supply unit (PSU).  I like Corsair products.  Also, I recommend a modular PSU.  This allows you to use only the cables that are absolutely necessary allowing for better airflow.  This is very necessary with the newer cards.  The video card that I recommended requires 450W and 1x8-pin supplemental power connector.  I always recommend at least 100W to 150W more that the card requires.  The PSU is the heart of the system. So, it is not the place to try to save money.

My recommendations are only that, recommendations.  If you don't want to use one of them, you will have an idea of what you need to buy.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Is there a less expensive option for gpu and power supply. This way I can make a decision based on price difference.  I want to just run destiny to at 1080p

HP Recommended

@Klown 

Here is a video card and PSU that are considerably less expensive.  Read the reviews to see what users have to say about them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.