Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 595 p0074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Number : 3LA57AA#ABA

Model Number : 595 p0074

I was wondering add a graphics card to my PC. I checked inside my PC, it seems the slot where a graphics card would be, does not have a graphic card in it.

I was wondering what kind of graphics card that I can put into this slot. Also, I was wondering if I need to upgrade my power supply because I read in this webpage https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-is-Max-power-use-for-a-pav... that the max power supply in my PC is 180W. And I need at least 300W to support the new graphics card.

If this procedure, of adding a graphics card and upgrading the power supply, is doable, I will consider doing it. If not, I'm okay with that because I do not want to risk breaking my PC.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@johnj722 , welcome to the forum.

Basically, what @wb2001 was saying is, the motherboard doesn't have a standard 24 pin ATX power connector.  It has a proprietary 4 pin power connector.  The only way to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU) would be with an adapter from 24 pins to 4 pins.  I simply have not been able to find one on the Internet.

Note:  Wb2001, have you found such an adapter?  If so, I would appreciate having this information.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.