Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0034nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to upgrade my video card which is now GeForce GTX 1050 but I don't know if my motherboard supports RTX 20 series (RTX 2060 ~ 2080) and my pc has enough space to fit it. Anyone know a graphics card compatible with my pc?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SalvaYTP , welcome to the Community.

Your motherboard is HP proprietary.  It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  This means any power supply unit (PSU) upgrade would have to be purchased from HP.  The PSU in your computer is 180W.  The most powerful one that HP has that is compatible with your motherboard is 500W (L05757-800).  The PSU doesn't show that it is available in Italy on HP PartSurfer: https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=l05757-800

The RTX 2060 series requires a PSU with 500W and a 1x8-pin PCIe power connector.  The 2070 and 2080 series cards that I reviewed required 650W with 2x8-pin and 1x6-pin PCIe power connectors.

The specifications for your motherboard state that there is a PCI Epress x16 slot, but not the version.  I believe that it may be v. 2.0.  There will most likely be a label with this information on it next to the slot.  The 20 series cards use v.3.0, but are backward compatible.

You will have to decide if you want to go ahead with the upgrade.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for answering me. Which RTX 2060 model (ITX- SUPER- Dual Mini etc..) can I get?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @SalvaYTP!

Here is a card that requires 500W with 1x8-pin PCIe power connector: https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2060-rtx-2060-ventus-xs-6g-oc/p/N82E16814137396

Read the "Specs" section for all of the details and Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about it.  The length of the card should be good, also.

The Super version that I reviewed requires 550W.  I suggest that you go on www.newegg.com to see what they have available.  They have the best specifications on their products.

Good luck!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.