cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
DeepakSalgotra
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Graphic Card Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Slimline 270 p034in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking for graphic card upgrade for playing games like minecraft, please suggest right graphic card. I tried Nvidia 4Gb it gave blue screen dump, tried Nvidia 2 GB GT710 but it's giving only 40 GPS

Please suggest right card so that I can upgrade it 

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
145,050 68,611 22,831 35,008
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has a 180W power supply.

I think the only card you can upgrade to that might work better than the GT 710, would be the GT 1030 when your PC has a 180W power supply.

Read some reviews on it and decide if this card will suit your needs.

Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 Benchmark & Review - Tech Centurion

You can get the card with or without a fan, but make sure your PC has enough room inside it for the larger heat sink of the fanless model.

Amazon.in : GT 1030

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Prométhée
Level 16
11,387 11,237 1,158 3,658
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
if the computer model is this

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05904794

and depending on the version of the game, it is very likely that changing the graphics card is not sufficient

Intel Core i3-7100

Memory 4 GB

Hard drives (no ssd) 1 TB Interface: SATA

Minecraft Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 | AMD A10 7800 or equivalent
  • RAM: 8 GB RAM
  • HDD: 4 GB (SSD recommended) available space
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 700 Series | AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series
  • Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or better
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection

Minecraft with Ray Tracing Technical Requirements

Please be sure you are on a release version of Minecraft that is 1.16.200 or higher for Windows 10!

What are the minimum requirements to experience physically based rendering (PBR) and ray tracing in Minecraft for Windows 10?

• GPU: DirectX hardware ray tracing capable GPU like NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 20 Series and higher, and AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series and higher
  • Hardware: PC; Virtual reality headsets and Mixed Reality (MR) headsets are not supported
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
  • RAM: >8 GB of RAM
  • Version of Minecraft: 1.16.200 or higher
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button
Attention
A bios update is not without risk!
Be aware that if you are offered to do so, it will be at your own risk, the computer may become unusable, think about it

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation