Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Deskpro400 g1 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My son is using a Deskpro 440 G1 SFF (Intel i5, 8Gb memory)
Now he is started top play Planet Coaster. The graphics are permanent 99% in use and he is experiencing lagging. So i think a separate graphics card might be useful. Do you have any suggestions what to buy?

Greetz,
John

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would recommend the Nvidia GT 1030 low profile graphics card for that model since it only draws 30 Watts of power.

Make sure the low profile mounting brackets are included in the box.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.
And if i replace the HDD with SSD, would that give more options?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

A SSD would improve performance immensely.

You will need to buy a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter so the SSD can mount where the current 3.5" drive is.

If you can get this model in the Netherlands, this is the one I have.

Provides the best performance for the money.

https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-3d-nand-sata-ssd#WDS250G2B0A

HP Recommended

DSC_0538 small.jpgHi Paul An adapter is not necessary. The SSD can be mounted on the low side of the frame, ‘below’ the HDD. You only need the proper mounting screws (a little bit smaller). I know that, because I already did that. See the included foto.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.