Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen by hp obelisk Gaming pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering what graphic cards i should look at to upgrade i was looking at the GTX 1660ti but i dont know if that compatible or worth it.  I cant find anything with the mb i have so i dont know if i should look into upgrading that too. Any suggestions on what i should upgrade. im not too good with gaming pc so any suggestions would be grateful.  this is what im looking to buy exactly just need to know if mother board is compatible 

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G 192-bit GDDR6 DisplayPort 1.4 HDMI 2.0B with Windforce 2X Cooling System Graphic Cards- Gv-N166TOC-6GD

My pc now:

CPU-  intel core i7-8700 

GPU- GTX 1060 3gb

Mb-  Hp 84fd

Ram- DDR4 Hyperx 1x16Gb

Psu- max power 500w (i think its a 80 plus bronze not too sure)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nick161 

What is the exact model # of this HP. If your a gamer, state the most intense game. Just 1.

Your choice of card is OK, and it would drop into place OK, but why did you pick a 1660 ?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nick161 

What is the exact model # of this HP. If your a gamer, state the most intense game. Just 1.

Your choice of card is OK, and it would drop into place OK, but why did you pick a 1660 ?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I have an omen by hp the product number is 875-0014. I play call of duty. the graphics card i have now is not enough video memory and wanted to upgrade my peformance. 

HP Recommended

@Nick161 

Sadly stating you play Call of Duty is like stating you own a Ford. Too many variations since 2003.

In your email, which I will response to "here", you mentioned RTX series card.  Those cards are months in the back-order process. I want a certain RTX 3070, but that card is likely a 2 month wait.  Now to your added inquiry.

Any card is possible IF it fits.  You need to measure the length of the slot area.  Your HP 875-0014 has a 9.45" board, so you cut a piece of rigid cardboard 4.3 x 12 inches and attempt to drop it along the slot.  Cut off to fit. That determines card length. All card manufacturers create their cards, and that means different lengths.  Then it becomes the PSU part of the equation !!! A corsair CX650M is an exact fit.(5.51" depth).   A corsair CX750M is longer (6.3") in depth, and will not latch. See 1:45-1:55 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iWojO4_N0c

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.