Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen HP 880-551naion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My RTX 2070 is not working, closed the first case to troubleshoot the problem, now it is definitely the card, computer starts fine with the motherboard graphic card,

How can I repair it or replace it through HP if my warranty just expired just over a month?

It is quite funny it just died after my warranty expired.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

well that card needs 2  power cables connected to it , to the 2 power jacks on the GPU card

the card needs 100 more watts, run,  above 75 watts from the x16 slot for a total of 175watts all by it self

I hope you did not hot swap  the card in, with AC cord attached or BOOM happen,  ($$$$$$$$)

was the PC  shipped new with this card, IDK>?

leave the card in side the PC , no power cord,

unplug the POWER cord first

next hit the power button 3 times until all fans and all LED stop flashing or fans twitching, now the PC is safe to work on

and not blow up expensive parts. inside

now make sure Card is fully inserted and the 2 power aux cables to top rear of CPU card are in place.

then wait 1 hour , let all caps inside the PC go below 0.4vdc or less,  now the PC unlatches chips that were hot swapped HIT.

even overnight parked dead,(no AC) can help, if finding packing up PCs and cards and shipping 2 ways, all that is fun, no me.

then put the cable AC power back and test the PC with correct video cable to monitor, make sure it has its input ports set to the correct cable , VGA,DVI, HDMI or DP what ever one you  use, do that now.

turn on PC first then monitor last and monitor may tell you facts, like NO SIGNAL etc. all useful to fix any PC.

most GPU card sent back are ok or blown up hot swapped.

HOt swapping or ESD zapped.

both are bad acts.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

surely not 32bit OS

most drivers now do not support 32bit.

no idea me what HP supports, but  really 32bit OS here?

looked on your pCs support page show no 32bit OS support.

is that a typo? in post 1.

nvidia .com does not support 32bit either, so is a typo or w10 installed wrong.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

as you can see by the model it is a hp part came with the pc, did not swap, OC, or anything it just died suddenly, then i did what you said, and tried to fix it. its not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.