Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 595-p1009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What kind of dedicated graphic cards are support by the motherboard for the HP pavilion 595-p1009?

Product Number  is 5QA75AA.

I searched the knowledge base and no mention whatsoever so they are useless:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06388131

the https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05991291.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lazybee,

The GT 730, being a 38W card, would work on the 180W PSU, but the GT 1030 is far superior.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi@lazybee, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Desktop on the motherboard has onboard Graphics Card  Intel® UHD Graphics 630 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

You didn't look at my question carefully. My question is what kind of dedicated/ discrete graphics cards are supported by the motherboard. such as GeForce GTX 1030, 1050or 1060 etc...

I am aware that there is a integrated onboard  Intel® UHD Graphics 630 on my HP PC.

I would like to add a new separated one.

I find it is very frustrated that even such a simple question/task would take enormous phone calls and online enquiries and still no straight answer. 

I guess I will buy Dell or Acer instead in the future.

HP Recommended

@lazybee,

I am truly sorry you fell that way.  Let me answer you !

The HP 595 series computer utilize a proprietary designed PSU. I am linking my spreadsheet which references some 595 units and GPU/PSU combinations.

Any GTX 1030 (20-30W) and any GTX 1050 that does not require a PCIe power plug (ie example EVGA) are OK. As the GTX 1060 does have a need for a 6 pin PCIe power plug, you would have to upgrade to the 310W.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Finally, there are straight answers. Really appreciated it. Kudos to you @Wb2001. By looking at your chart, does that means that other than 1030 and 1050, GT 730 is the one tested (works too) for 595HP 595 series? Thanks

HP Recommended

@lazybee,

The GT 730, being a 38W card, would work on the 180W PSU, but the GT 1030 is far superior.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.