Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P7-1270T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking for a graphics card for my:

HP Pavilion P7-1270T

Windows 10 - 64 bit

Motherboard:  Pegatron  IPISB-CU 2AD2  2.00, Carmel 2

PCIE x 16 (2.0)

Legacy BIOS

300W PSU

It's not for gaming purposes. It will be used for video output to a Samsung 28" 4k monitor.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Spoolbody , welcome to the forum.

The last series of cards that do not require UEFI are the GTX 660/670.  You may have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU), also.  The current PSU is only 300W.  Here are the specifications from nVidia.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the Welcome and the information.

Based on your response i do have a couple of more questions.

I'm trying to find a GPU that would not require me to change my PSU as I'm looking to buy a new system in a couple of years and so was trying to keep my financial investment into this computer at a minimum. The only reason I'm looking to change to a graphics card was the new monitor i picked up requires a different input than my current output capabilities.

(Samsung 28" 4K monitor)

So based on that info, would any of the earlier cards, GT 630 series or the GT 640 series cards work ?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Spoolbody!

Yes, either of those models should work for you.  Here are the specifications for the GT 640 from nVidia.  Make certain that it has the video ports that you need for your monitor.  The resolution is definitely 4K.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.