Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF.  Looking to put in a Graphics Card into the PCIe x16 slot.  Need to know the max. capacity that my PC will handle for inserting a graphics card.   I would like to find the best graphics card that my PC will be able to handle.  The PSU is only 240w on this PC. 

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That's gonna hurt your options. The slot is low profile as well. I linked you to the specs with your other question. I would stick with a video card that does not need a power connector and draws power solely from the pci-e bus. This article recommends the nVidia GeForce GTX 750 ti, which is pretty powerful and is bus powered:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2883752/components-graphics/tested-nvidia-geforce-and-amd-radeon-grap...

But you need to find one that has a low profile bracket, which is not common. But here is one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125680&cm_re=GTX_750ti-_-14-125-680-_-Produ...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

The link you provided for the "GIGABYTE GV-N75TOC-2GL G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card, Support up to 4 Monitors" has a Minimum power supply 400W, which is over the 240W limit of my PSU.  Also, I don't have a CI Express 3.0 slot.

HP Recommended

And there in lies the problem...even HP's own tech have no idea what the hell they are talking about. the slot is straight PCIE X16...no 2.1 or 2.0 or 3.0!!!!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.