Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario SG2025IL
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I own a Compaq Presario SR2025IL which was being used a computer for typing. Now it has been handed down to me and I want to upgrade its graphics card to make it a gaming computer. Any suggestions for a graphics card??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information and the link to your computer specs, @NeelCool.

Before making any recommendations, I want to let you know that your computer simply isn't cabable of being a  good gaming machine.  The biggest thing against it is the fact that the maximum memory is only 2 GB, DDR.  This is simply not enough to work with newer video intensive games.  Also, the only expansion slots are PCI and AGP.  They are very slow.  I would rather see you save your money and buy a newer computer when you can afford it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NeelCool, welcome to the forum.

There are two different model numbers listed in your post.  Please double check the model and let me know what it is.  I will be able to help you better.

HP Recommended

Hi old_geekster. Sorry for the silly mistake i made it is  Compaq Presario  SR2025IL. If you need more information this link maybe helpful -http://www.aashnik.com/sr1900il.htm

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information and the link to your computer specs, @NeelCool.

Before making any recommendations, I want to let you know that your computer simply isn't cabable of being a  good gaming machine.  The biggest thing against it is the fact that the maximum memory is only 2 GB, DDR.  This is simply not enough to work with newer video intensive games.  Also, the only expansion slots are PCI and AGP.  They are very slow.  I would rather see you save your money and buy a newer computer when you can afford it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks alot old_geekster and I will try and afford a real gaming pc. Thanks once again.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @NeelCool.  I am not one to spend money on computers unless it is worth the price.  When you decide to buy a computer I will be glad to give you recommendations.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.