Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just wanted to know if i could change my amd card to a MSI geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

i have a AMD radeon HD 5450

and my motherboard is a MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) and 300w

do i need to change my motherboard? 

thank you 😄

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please post the HP product number for your PC. How to Find the HP Model Number and the HP Product Number or let HP automatically find your PC model number and HP network attached printers.

Give this MIS N750TI a try.  This card comes equipped with a hybrid BIOS that can be switched to allow compatibilty with legacy and UEFI BIOS PCs. Click on the card image at the NewEgg site and you will see a video that you can watch.   See the below image for the hybrid switch.  Position #1 for legacy BIOS PCs and position #2 for UEFI BIOS PCs.  I am surprised that this capability is not list under the specifications at NewEgg or the MIS web site.

MSI 750 hybrid.jpg

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

my product number is: WC786AA-UUW

and my model number is: p6360sc

thank you for sharing the graphics card, i will definitely take a look at it 🙂

HP Recommended

So if I get the MSI GTX 750 Ti, you are absolutely sure it will run on my system (posted previously about this same issue)? My PC is P7-1233w, my motherboard has a Legacy BIOS.

So if I were to buy the card and switch the cards BIOS to position #1, it will work with my system? Just want to verify before purchasing.

HP Recommended

SNL25,

#1  Know what the return policy is before you buy anything.

#2 Warranties and guarantees are full of holes -- "does not guarantee/warranty for a specific use or purpose"

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Yeah, if I get the MSI card it will be either from Newegg or Tigerdirect. And I seen the Newegg video you posted, it does seem to indicate that the card will work on Legacy motherboards.

Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.