Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 800 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am looking at buying the hp 800 g1 aft and I would like to know if my old graphics card will fit in it 

asus en8400gs silent 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

It may depend on what heatsink yours has, and whether you are buying the SFF or MT version.

This is the model I have and it would fit in the 800 G1 -- either form factor...

https://www.ebay.com/i/383090630061?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid...

HP Recommended

Yes, that is the exact graphics card that I have! so will that one fit without size issues?

HP Recommended

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit.

It is an old and outdated card, so you may have to go into the BIOS and enable legacy mode and disable secure boot in order for the card to work.

HP Recommended

The reason why I thought it wouldn’t fit because I looked up that only low profile graphics cards can fit. are you sure that this will fit without there being any size issues like the graphics card being too high?
and is this graphics card a low profile?

HP Recommended
Spoiler

And I am still saving up for this desktop so by chance if the desktop I want to get is not available by the time I have saved up is there any other small form factor hp desktops that my graphics card would fit in?

HP Recommended

If your card is the one in the link I posted the other day, it is a low profile card.

If you bought it new, it should have the low profile mounting bracket in the box that you will need to install or order for the card to fit in the small form factor chassis.

It should take less than a couple of minutes to switch from the standard profile mounting bracket to the low profile mounting bracket.

Mine came with two low profile brackets.

One goes to the card itself, and then the other one goes into the next empty PCI mounting slot for the VGA port.

I didn't use the second one since I just used the DVI port on mine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.