Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (335 Views)
Accepted Solution

Graphics card update

Product Name: HP Envy 700-210
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently running with all default items within the computer.  I'd like to be able to play several computer games that don't necessarily need the best graphics card in the world, but I'm afraid the AMD Radeon HD 8670D isn't capable of running them.  I'm looking for something equivalent to the AMD HD 6870 or higher if it will function with this machine.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Graphics card update

Hi,

Try the EVGA NVIDIA GTX 750 TI. It will work with your 300 watt power supply. Measure inside to make sure that the graphics card will fit.

NVIDIA GTX 750TI verses the AMD HD 6870

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (314 Views)

Hi,

The AMD HD 6870 will run in your PC provided that your PC has the 600 watt power supply. You will have to open up your PC and check the wattage rating on the power supply.  The HD 6870 is old technology so unless you are getting a deal then you might want to consider a newer technology graphics card.

Post the wattage of your existing power supply. 

Did you try running the online game simulators for the specifics games that you plan of using?

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (311 Views)

Dave,
I'm looking at 300 watt supply, and I need something that has the graphics to run with the capability of the HD 6870. I'm not very computer literate when it comes to dealing with graphics cards, so any advice you can provide would be fantastic
Provost
Message 4 of 4 (302 Views)

Hi,

Try the EVGA NVIDIA GTX 750 TI. It will work with your 300 watt power supply. Measure inside to make sure that the graphics card will fit.

NVIDIA GTX 750TI verses the AMD HD 6870

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation