Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 280g3 Mt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does this destop pc supports extendable graphic cards , if ti supports what is the card name and may i know how to install it 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP 280g3 Mt"

the  most asked question of all,

Mini tower, best.

the manual show it has x16 slot, so that means cards work .

same spec page shows.

this

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 1 GB/2 GB PCIe x8 HDMI
AMD Radeon R5 420 card (for China only)
AMD Radeon R7 430 card (for China only)
once again proving the X16 slot works./
so put GTX1650 (not super) in the slot and it work at 75watt max,  SUPER is 100w and needs power cable.
options day1, 180 and 310 watt PSU, what you have there IDK.
hp  does not spec,PSU but looking at it, you see it is alien, that is  non ATX spec sized and dead wrong cables, not ATX.
i see no power cable option to GPU, there, but IDK ,

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

question #2  ( install 101) long play.

the card comes with a manual or at sellers makers web site

that tells you all steps to install it.

or the 15 steps here (long steps, to end demage)

as a tech we look first after all real Desktops can have vast options inside, mine has 2HDD, 1 SSD and 2x M.2 and has blue ray drive and GTX1650 and can put any GPU sold on earth in mine even 350watt RTX max,  (and I tested some of the most hard ones made. (power) and length)

so  could yours with correct modes, space matters and you have space.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.