Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Speed,

I actually paid the full price of 289.99$ with free 2day shipping, but reading reviews of competing cards led me to believe that this was a solid choice, and I do load some extra large textures from time to time.

Have purchased EVGA cards in the past, and haven't been disappointed so far~

HP Recommended
Hi Caliber,

wanna send me that spare HD7450? :
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

I have a hp pavillion m9373 and its almost 5 years old now.

A couple of weeks ago my graphics card died and Im looking for a replacement.

I saw this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTX3D-Graphics-128-Bit-PCI-Express-Architecture/dp/B0078XMRF8/ref=dp_return_...

and I was wondering if it will be compatible with my motherboard and psu.

The manufacturers site says that it needs a minimum of 400w.

http://www.vtx3d.com/products_features.asp?id=113

Hp's product page says that my psu is 460w, will that be ok for playing games?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01510905

The hd7750 is pcie 3.0 and I cant tell from the hp support pages what my pcie port is (a 1.0 I suspect).

Will the card be compatible?

Or if you can recommend a card with similar or better performance for the same price or less I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended
Hi Tim_k!

Your motherboard is PCI E 1.1 X16 ark.intel.com/m/products/31914/Intel-82G33-Graphics-and-Memory-Controller

I have a similar situation to yours. My motherboard is also 1.1 while the card I wish to purchase is 3.0 . I wasn't sure about compatibility. I emailed some GPU manufactures. Zotac and Palit said there Nvidia cards are backwards compatible. I read some the AMD 7000 seriea doesn't work in 1.1
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to get the following video card to work in my H8-1020 (Windows 7)
NVIDIA Quadro K600

The chipset in the H8-1020 is Intel H61 so from what I can tell, I have a PCI-E 2.0 16x slot which is what the card calls for.

This PC shipped with a Radeon HD6570 installed so I removed that card and installed the Quadro.

When I turn on the computer, I get POST from BIOS but it won't go any further. It just sits on the screen telling me I can press ESC to enter setup but pressing ESC does nothing. No beeps either.

I reconnected the stock video card looking for an option to disable secure boot but the option does not exist in the BIOS.

Under 'boot order' in the BIOS, I tried disabling all the UEFI devices and leaving only legacy devices active but that did not help.

Bios is v7.16 which is the latest and I tried reflashing it but that didn't help either.

I also tried accessing the BIOS while using the onboard video but that also did not help. Under the security menu, there is still no option for 'Secure Boot Configuration'.

I tried pulling the battery on the mobo - didn't help.

I tried resetting BIOS to defaults - didn't help.

At this point, I am trying to figure out if the problem is that the card is simply incompatible or if there is some setting in the BIOS that is preventing the card from working. I don't think I need a larger power supply only because the HD6570 appears to consume more power than the K600 does.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I've got an Envy 700xt Desktop which I have upgraded the PSU to 650 Watts and now I'm looking for a video card to replace the standard 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670.  I noticed that the clips for RAM on this motherboard interfere with components on larger video cards.

I'm wanting to upgrade to an HD 7790 or a GTX660 or so and wonder if installation will be a problem.

The HD7790 I'm looking at can be seen here, and the GTX660 can be seen here.  Do you see a problem?  How does one install a larger discrete video card and have RAM cards installed simultaneously?

HP Recommended

Hello. I have a HP PC a6110.uk desktop PC with integrated graphics. I would like to fit a graphics card and I have an available slot….my question is…if I fitted the card would it work straight away e.g.  plug and play….or do I have to alter the bios settings?

Bill

HP Recommended

I have just bought a HP desktop Pavilion p6-2440el, but I immediately noticed that the graphics card (GeForce GT 630) is underpowered.

Can I put a dual slot graphics card (like GeForce GTX560) on the motherboard (Joshua-H61-uATX)? Of course I'll have to change also the power supply.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I would just like to post the results of my upgrade so that it might benefit others.

I have an old HPE-171F. It came with a Geforce GTX 260 and a 460W power supply.

I upgraded about a month ago to use an ASUS Geforce GTX 660 (GTX660-DC2T-2GD5). I kept my power supply as is, because the 660 only requires a 450W and everything I have read says that the 660 has less power requirements than the older 260.

I had to remove the metal brace that kept the older card securely positioned, but otherwise the card fit fine. The lack of the metal brace means that it is not completely rigid, but it has not seemed to cause any problems.

The cooling pipes on the new card also caused me to have to snip the cable guide for all of the power cables and re-route them around the card instead of over.

And I am quite happy with the increased performance in all of my video games 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.