Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Dchronie20

The link that I posted for you works for me and shows a BIOS update listed under Windows 7.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Got it @big_dave thanks man u da bomb! My 1050 ti works now all because of bios update
HP Recommended

@Dchronie20

Good show!:smileyhappy:

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Are the fans on my graphics card suppose to run all the time? Cause they arent spinning even on benchmark. Probably update power supply? Works tho @big_dave
HP Recommended

I saw the fan not spinning on a friend's video card.  His computer was running for only a minute or two each time it was booted, before the screen went solid black until the next reboot.  Unless your video card is one that uses very little power,  you almost certainly need to replace the fan on the video card, or the whole video card.

HP Recommended

It's been rather hard to find any legacy video cards compatible with that model of motherboard that don't require a power supply upgrade and will increase OpenCL performance significantly, which I can do in this location only if I decide never to run both of my desktops and the air conditioner/heater at the same time.

I've decided to check if I can use the motherboard builtin graphics for a user interface and a graphics card that shows nothing during booting for OpenCL at the same time.  If that does not work or restricts the user interface too much, I'll have to buy a new computer.

Whether I  can run W7 is less important.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've talked with your phonesupport and resellers several times, but none have been able to give me a proper answer.

This is regarding your Z240 and Z440 tower desktops. I know that the z640 would work, but I want as small case as possible.

On the product sheet for this products you have listed some firepro and quadro graphics card that works with the system.

But it does not say how big(long) graphics cards can be mounted in the cases. This noone have been able to answer.

One person on your supportteam told me he would messure and get back to me, but that have not happend.

I know the power supply might not work with more powerful cards, but that is an easy fix.

I just want to know how much space there is for the legnth of the card. 

I've serched for some pictures, but none are alike. Some cases have a front mounted fan that would be possible to remove if needed for more space.

Hope someone can give me a proper answer here.

HP Recommended

@milesrf wrote:

It's been rather hard to find any legacy video cards compatible with that model of motherboard that don't require a power supply upgrade and will increase OpenCL performance significantly, which I can do in this location only if I decide never to run both of my desktops and the air conditioner/heater at the same time.

I've decided to check if I can use the motherboard builtin graphics for a user interface and a graphics card that shows nothing during booting for OpenCL at the same time.  If that does not work or restricts the user interface too much, I'll have to buy a new computer.

Whether I  can run W7 is less important.

I tried using the motherboard builtin graphics interface for booting and the user interface, with a GT 440, a GT 630 (Kepler) or  a GTX 750 Ti plugged in.  This allowed booting in each case, but only the GT 440 could be used for OpenCL.  I tried running GeForce Experience to see if it could adjust the driver for the newer cards; it did not even recognize that they were present.

It looks like an R9 460 could be a possiblity if I decide to give up CUDA compatibility, but AMD uses a rather different and hard to follow system for going from the graphics card power needs to the recommended power supply rating.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I want to upgrade my K620 video card on a Z230 SFF running Windows 10 because my application (Fusion 360) needs more GPU memory (now 2GB) on my 4k screen.

Fusion 360 is heavy on Direct X and don't uses OpenGL !

The K1200 is old and not so good in Direct X.

Would the AMD W4300 be an option on the Z230, it's already approved on the new Z240 ?

Or can I also go for the new WX4100 ?  This new board also has better Direct X support ?

Reagrds

HP Recommended

Since neither HP or HP's forum can answer my previous question I'm going to fill in with my experience on this.

Today I'm running a GTX 1080 on a Z400-series without any issues. And it is the HP 475 W PSU.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.