Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY h8-1414 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, I need to upgrade my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7450, any suggestions and advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Aero73,

I would suggest a Nvidia 1050 by EVGA (Link). This graphics card will run on a 300 watt power supply.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC appears to have a UEFI BIOS so you should be able to do newer Nvidia or AMD graphics cards.

Your PC can probably handle a 10.5 inch card.

Suggesting a card requires you to tell the forum what you want to do. Plus your PC is quite a few years old. AAA gaming may see some bottlenecks on the CPU and DMI.

More powerful graphics cards require larger power supplies.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your quick response.

This is a PC that my kid use to play some videos from internet and  play online games once a week, he's just 10yo, so nothing pro. Just wanna have a better graphic card, nothing super pro but decent.  Last weeks we had some Video Scheduler Internal Error - Blue Screen, and some green lines on the screen...so probably is the graphic card.

HP Recommended

Hi Aero73,

I would suggest a Nvidia 1050 by EVGA (Link). This graphics card will run on a 300 watt power supply.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can do a Nvidia 1030 (Link) if the 1050 is too pricey.

Or shop other manufacturers such as MSI, Gigabyte, or Asus.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate!!

HP Recommended

Hi Aero73,

You're very welcome.

Remove current graphics drivers before installing the new graphics card.

You may have to go in the BIOS to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot before installing the new graphics card, (Link to instructions).  Look in Desktop setting for the details.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi 

I got my new Nvidia 1050 and works perfect.

Thank you so much!!!

HP Recommended

Hi Aero73,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.