Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 200 G3 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Maybe you need a cable 21607-001 SPS-cable HDD 200 G3 AIO, but I'm not sure that this is the power cable you need.

I also ran into this problem until I decided.
HP, as always, created problems out of nothing, instead of it, Molex installed its plug!
The support cannot help, they send me to the official store, but the official store says that they cannot help me in any way.
Great job HP - I hate you!

HP Recommended

@epes,

That unit is explained here.  Please take notice of page 5.

It only has 2 ports. Hard drive and DVD drive.  Your can not internally add another hard drive.

The SSD m.2 2280 slot referenced here.   See page 24

See page 4 item 6 and 12.   Page 20 Hard drive.  Page 31 reference to HD and DVD cables.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@epes, gave a specific link to the product he bought.

In this instance, one SSD disk of 128 GB is served, and one SATA connector on the motherboard should be free.
In order to supply a 3.5 "hard drive, you will need a 21607-001 SPS-cable HDD 200 G3 AIO cable, technical support is not very confident, but confirmed that it is a power cable.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You have two choices. You could upgrade the M2 SSD in the machine to a higher capacity (no limit) M2 SSD such as the M2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus or the M2 Crucial P1.

Example:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-500GB-NAND-NVMe-PCIe/dp/B07J2Q4SWZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=crucial%2...

In my opinion that would be the best choice as you will not need to deal with a mechanical drive and it will probably be cheaper if you consider you will need to find and purchase parts to install a 3.5" HDD.

On page 19 of manual below you can see how to replace the M2 SSD

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05933340

You will need to reinstall the OS on the SSD. Here is a small guide.

Download media creation tool from Microsoft on PC (before replacing the drive in PC), run and create a bootable pendrive with the OS on it. (there is an explanation on the Microsoft web page on how to create the pendrive). Create the drive with Windows 10 Home 64-bit edition. Windows will automatically activate once installed and connected to the Internet.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you choose this option you will need to use the pendrive to perform a clean install of Windows 10. You might need to disable fastboot and secure boot in BIOS (probably not). So, insert the pendrive in the PC and it should boot directly from the drive. If not, turn off the PC by holding the power button. Press the power button and immediately keep pressing ESC until the startup menu appears and then press F9 and choose the pendrive in the boot menu. Once it boots from pendrive follow the procedure to install Windows.

When finished installing allow Windows to completely update and find all or most drivers. You can follow this process by going into settings > Security and update > click on Verify for updates. You might need to reboot a couple of times.

I recommend installing HP support assistant which will help keep your drivers up to date and much more. You can download the latest version from here.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Once completely updated you can go into device manager and see if there are any missing drivers (there will be yellow exclamation mark next to the device). You can find these drivers and software on HP support page for your product.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-200-g3-all-in-one-pc/19960941/manuals

If you still prefer installing a 3.5" mechanical drive, let me know and I will provide a guide.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

I prefer the 3.5 inch mechanical drive, please provide installation guide.
In the manuals to which you refer the useless information is indicated, the articles of the necessary cables and adapters are missing, there is no information about the need to install a special box for the disk, otherwise it will have to be fastened with plastic clips, it will not be possible to fasten it with screws inside HP 200 G3.

HP Recommended

@at-ShaMAD 

I was replying to @epes who created the thread.

The best idea is to upgrade the M2 SSD. So if @epes needs a guide for the 3,5" HDD, I will provide one.

If you need such a guide, you can start your own thread and ask a question.

You were talking about the 3.5" HDD together with @wb2001 

All the best,

David

HP Recommended

@at-ShaMAD 

The link @epes sent was a foreign language.  As @epes is a Czech national,  I was unable to read the file.  Your assumptions are just assumptions.  @epes has not made a definitive English explanation of what storage devices are installed.

@iomareis correct.  If @epes has an M.2 SSD, it could be increased. If there is an installed 3.5" drive, that can be upgraded, provided that @epes  can locate a 3.5" hard drive carrier for that unit.  In a 3.5" hard drive setup, the power and data to the 3.5" drive is supplied by an inline adapter assembly attached to the motherboard.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

If you address me specifically, then my problem is not solved in any way.

I bought this device with an SSD M2 with the expectation that it stated the possibility of installing a “mechanical” hard disk 3.5". Having found a related topic, I wrote in it, so as not to create such empty topics without an answer for more than five months, like this topic.

Of course, it is much better to replace the SSD drive with 1-2TB, but they are expensive, and the fact that @epes wanted exactly that is your guess. Perhaps you helped @epes, although he probably no longer needs this answer.

My indignation is connected with the problems I encountered in the seemingly simple procedure, because telephone technical support could not help, the company store could not help and sent it to the service, eventually, when I somehow found the part number myself this power cord and informed his number in technical support, they uncertainly confirmed that most likely it was him. When I asked where the information came from, they told me that they were looking at photos on Google photo.

No one in this topic has confirmed that the cable "21607-001 SPS-cable HDD 200 G3 AIO" is the cable that is needed to connect the "mechanical" hard disk drive.

I apologize for being direct, but only after that I will be able to consider this answer as a solution to my problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.