Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 22 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All,

Perhaps you could help a fellow technician out , So the school I work for has about 4 faulty HP 22 All-in-one computers.

Whenever power is plugged in and machine is turned on I get four beeps and it does not even show POST screen.

I have looked up the fault code of 4 beeps which points to thermal problems however I have taken this computer completely apart , cleaned all components and fans furthermore went to the trouble of replacing the thermal compound yet I still get 4 beep codes with a red light.

Looking for new ideas? maybe you could help?

Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @shineyhawkz,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from the post that your computer is not booting into the windows anymore,

First off, Hats off to you for a job well done as you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps and checked settings on the unit, before posting the query in the HP forums. It is amazing to see how technically competent you are. It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy customers like you.

As I understand you have already tried cleaning the components as well as replacing the thermal compound. I would suggest this could be a hardware failure. Before you could contact our HP Phone support for available service options. I would suggest you try these steps here:

Step 1: Performing a power reset if your computer does not start

If your computer does not start, first reset all power to the device. Hopefully, the problem is temporary and can be fixed by performing the following steps:

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices such as printers, USB storage devices, and media cards.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the computer.

3. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds until the power LED on the power supply is off.

4. Reconnect the power cord, and press the Power button.

5. Listen for sounds of drives and fans turning.

Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue: Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet_singh ,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried a power reset in the begining however this did not fix the problem.

I contacted HP support on the phone from work but was quoted £300 repair for HP to attempt to diagnose the issue.

Very expensive , mayaswell purchase a new unit for that kind of money considering we have 4 faulty units.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Shineyhawkz

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
HP Recommended

Hi @shineyhawkz,

Thank you for replying,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.