Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b217c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

I have a customer with 4 HP 24-b217c All-In-One computers that we worked with to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. 

On 3 of the 4 computers, by the time I was brought in to take a peek, Touch had not been working fora bout 2 months. All users reported that all 4 computers had it prior to this, but since the update it has not worked. 

In reviewing the computers, I went through downloading the firmware for the Touch Panel, as well as updating the bios on the machine with no change in behavior. I used the HP Support Assistant to confirm the serial numbers and exact match on the models that were not working. All 3 machines did not have the "Touch Screen Diagnostic" on the HP Hardware Diagnostic boot option, and they all indicated that there was "No pen our touch input is available for this display" when following the only support guides to check if the machine was enabled for touch.

In trying to confirm the model of all machines, I discovered 1 of the 4 machines had a working touchscreen, but it did not have any of the traditional HP bloatware (such as the HP Support Assistant). In thinking I had a different model I installed the HP Support Assistant and confirmed that I had the same model number. Upon rebooting the computer to try to take a backup image of this computer to try restoring to one of the others, I lost my touchscreen support. 

Now when I boot up, it also no longer sees a touchscreen is available for this device in the System -> About screen (previously it indicated it had touchscreen support) and when looking in the Device Manager the computer sees the touchscreen as a disconnected device that it can no longer talk to. 

In trying to reach out to HP support, since the warranty expired on these 12 months ago, it just redirects me to post here where I find a number of other posts similar to this one with each indicating that they need to contact HP support, which I am not able to do the support site tells me. 

Has anyone had luck getting these fixed?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.