Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24uh 24-inch LED Backlit Monitor

I own an HP 24uh monitor, which I connect with my Lenovo Yoga C940 via a HDMI to USB-C cable. The monitor is quite bright, but I cannot change the brightness. In the monitor menu (i.e. when I press the "enter" monitor button), the option to adjust brightness/contrast is grayed out (along with the "auto adjust" and "image adjust" options, but I only really care about brightness). Thus, I cannot select and adjust brightness/contrast. I have already updated all drivers for my Yoga and for the monitor, did a full reboot, and nothing worked. What can I do to un-gray the option to adjust brightness/contrast?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@guptamvjm

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that the brightness button on the HP monitor is greyed out, I am glad to assist you.

Follow these steps to perform a factory reset on the monitor:-

• You need to press the Menu button, then go to the Management section and initiate the factory defaults/reset option.

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20

This did not work for me. Unfortunately, there is no management section in the menu. The menu options that are not grayed out are "colour", "OSD Setup", "Language", "Recall", "Miscellaneous", "Input Select". I thought the "Recall" section would correspond to a factory reset, especially because there is an icon of a factory next to it. I pressed that button, but nothing happened. The brightness option is still grayed out. I appreciate this input and any further input.

HP Recommended

@guptamvjm

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support. 

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.