Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 25L Gaming Desktop PC GT15-0000a RCTO Base Models (LaprasA)
Microsoft Windows 11

My newly purchased PC should have a 1 year standard hardware warranty correct?   well in my HP dashboard it says "warranty unknown" and the product serial lookup fails.   This is annoying because my warranty type is required to reach out to customer support, not sure what to do, any advice appreciated.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @BermThrun,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with warranty related. I'd like to help!

Where was the computer purchased? And when was it purchased?

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, you may check the link for warranty disputes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I purchased the computer from the HP omen webstore, product number 4U9D5AV.  The order was placed roughly a month ago, the computer arrived about a week ago, exact dates available if necessary.   I have been trying to get in touch with support since the day that i recieved the computer but because of the "unknown warranty" i have been unable to.  

HP Recommended

the document you linked me 404's, https://support.hp.com/us-en/error?errorType=404&source=document&documentId=c03754824

i cant file a warranty dispute because the warranty checker just displays a spinning square graphic indefinitely, and no link shows up to the dispute form. 

HP Recommended

Hi @BermThrun,

My apologies. If that is not working, you will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.