12-05-2019 08:46 AM
Want to add 25 SSD drive need instruction on how
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-05-2019 02:57 PM - edited 12-05-2019 05:28 PM
Welcome to the hardware section. You have a new product model, the HP TP01 series. Here the upgrade and service manual. I want you to be the first person to perform some tasks, then I could evaluate the product.
1) Remove the power cord. Then open the case do some inspecting, as no one has followed my request.
2) I want to verify my suspicion: Looking at the power supply, only follow the cables. Does it end with two 2x2 blocks and an inline 7 pin connector (It should only have 3 wires). Is their a PCIEx6 or 8 connector? I believe it is an L08660-800 PSU. That model is also found in some units of the HP 590, HP 595 series.
3) If you have a DVD drive, follow back the power cable. Somewhere on that cable should be a second SATA 15 pin power plug. Likely it is tucked away into the cabinet, but is should be there. Then follow the cable. Does it terminate on the motherboard at an 4x2 pin header?
4) Should need an adapter tray for the 2.5" SSD
If you do not mind this, you could be of help to everyone.
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.