Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@SandmanBrest  --

1. I am able to run that tool on HP EliteBook 830,
  2. able to run on self assembled with Asus motherboard,
  3. able to run on 3 different VM on HyperV.

Do all these methods produce IDENTICAL files ?  What might I send you that would be different?

HP Recommended

File https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp114001-114500/sp114039.exe which contain BIOS for HP 260 DM G4 and contain tool for create BIOS USB recovery drive I try to run on HP EliteBook 830 G7 (Win 10), self-assembled with old Asus motherboard (Win 7), HP ProBook 4340s (Win 10) and two different VM on HyperV (win 10). In all case I'm normally run exe, that exe ask for elevate privilegue and than silently finish work. So I have 5 different machines where I'm able to run that tool - and on each of them that tool can't create USB recovery drive.

Same story with tools, which contains previous versions of BIOS for my HP 260 DM G4.

Usb drive with HP 4-1 tool dont have that BIOS.

If on you laptop/PC that tool work - please, create that USB drive and use rufus tool for copy image from USB to file. And share for me, please. IF it not very difficult for you.

HP Recommended

@SandmanBrest -- when I run that EXE file, the files created are: 

28/05/2021 05:32 AM 14,814,672 HPWINGUI.exe
09/08/2020 08:37 PM 13,486 license.txt
28/05/2021 05:31 AM 1,544 SP114039.txt

Running the above EXE file creates:

16/10/2021 09:04 AM 16,777,216 S24_020500.bin

namely 16 MB.

The "read-me" file contains:

ENHANCEMENTS:

• Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-8703, CVE-2020-8704, CVE-2020-24506 and CVE-2020-24507.
  • Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-24512, CVE-2020-24511.

Are you in an environment where your computer would be affected by those CVE's ?

If not, then you do not need to update the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Exactly that. Don't know about .bin - I unable to obtain that file. But all others, including Readme content is the same.

HP Recommended

@SandmanBrest --  I unable to obtain that file.

How are you "unable" ?

Did you choose the option to write the ".bin" file into a folder on your computer?

Did it successfully write that file into that folder?

HP Recommended

I don't see that screen. After I run that exe I only asked for elevate privilege. After that - nothing. Tool finish work with out any messages.

For example, if I download and run sp96086 with latest BIOS update for my old ProBook 4340s laptop on my EliteBook 830 i see that:

SandmanBrest_0-1634419703493.png

But when I downloaded and run sp114039.exe I don't see any window from that tool.

Sorry, but may by you think I'm buzzing?

HP Recommended

@SandmanBrest -- sorry, but I cannot read any Cyrillic language words.

Can you download the BIOS update package for your "new" computer via your old ProBook 4340s laptop, and run it? Does it get to that window that might offer to download the actual ".bin" file to a USB memory-stick?

If so, connect the memory-stick to the new computer, and restart your new computer, and enter BIOS SETUP. 

Does BIOS SETUP have an option to read that ".bin" file from the memory-stick, and update the BIOS?

HP Recommended

I try to explaining, that I'm multiple times download and run this sp for PC on my laptops - without results. I can't obtain that .bin Program for "new" just finish work. Otherwise programs or my EliteBook and ProBook normally run on others computers and I have choice window when I can create recovery USB. It is some mistake in that sp114039.exe - that sp check environment before all. And when that sp114039 (and previous) understand, that they are running not on HP 260 DM G4 they finish execute process without any info.

HP Recommended

@SandmanBrest -- It is some mistake in that sp114039.exe 

I have successfully downloaded and launched the "sp114039.exe"  file on my Lenovo desktop tower.

The first step "unpacks" the file, and creates a subfolder under the "C:\SwSetup" folder.

I stopped the program after it did so.

Then, I opened that subfolder, and ran the ".exe" file, and I chose to write the ".bin" file to a USB memory-stick.

So, try the above on some computer other than your primary computer, to see if you can replicate the steps.

HP Recommended

I know where I can find HPWINGUI.exe And I run this file. But I don't obtain .bin file - on any computers. That is my problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.