Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 350 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Me again, Paul Tikkanen, and I'll probably be back once or twice more.  Same device, different computer.  (Trying to get all of these updated for my kids.)  HP 350 G1 PCI Simple Communications Controller (why is this a problem so often?) and searched for a couple of hours, even found links you left that are now dead, but hoping you or someone else can help me before the deadline tonight.

p.s.  For a Windows 10 version you wrote this:

And allow me to give you a bonus tip...Install the W7 ADI Soundmax audio driver.

I found that works much better than the one that W10 installed.

You install it, then enable multi-streaming in the adi control panel, restart again and go to manage sound devices in the control panel, and select the PC speakers, but of course installing the W7 audio driver is optional, and that is up to you...

Haven't been able to discover (this was a dc7800mt) where to grab the ADI driver.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I guess you didn't see my reply to your dc7800 post in reference to the adi audio driver for the dc7800...

This is the one I used...

This package contains the driver for the ADI High-Definition (HD) Audio CODEC in the supported desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45615​.exe

I also have the HP 350 G1 and you need this driver for the PCI Simple Comms Controller...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65854.exe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

p.s.  sp64380 doesn't seem to work, though others have suggested it.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I guess you didn't see my reply to your dc7800 post in reference to the adi audio driver for the dc7800...

This is the one I used...

This package contains the driver for the ADI High-Definition (HD) Audio CODEC in the supported desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45615​.exe

I also have the HP 350 G1 and you need this driver for the PCI Simple Comms Controller...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65854.exe

HP Recommended

Paul, thank you, and I mean it.  Thank you very, very much.  I have been battling issues with computers from a Z240 with an SSD card that wouldn't boot from day 1 (legacy was enabled along with UEFI, I'm still not sure I understand it, but I even had to plug PS2 mouse and keyboard in just to get it function right out of the box) to fighting with a dc5700mt (actually one of the easier ones), including a dc7800mt (as you know), an 8570w, a 6730b, an 8530p, a 350G1, a 2133 mini, a 500b, two 410 Pro x2's (and I'm not making this up!) for weeks now, and I don't know what I'm doing and I'm supposed to be retired!  🙂  "Dad, don't lose my pictures!"  "Dad, don't lose my music!"  "Dad, all my school papers are on there!"  They all wanted a clean install of Windows 7 ("just in case" because dad told them they may not be happy with the new interface) and, of course, updated to WIndows 10 while it was "free" (not that free for dad!).  So, you can't really see from this side what a blessing you have been.  Once more, thank you.  Your assistance has helped me more than you know.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.