Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 510-P049A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 510-P049A is starting to Shut down by itself, during sleep mode and I have to restart, does anyone know whats causing this. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This is a tough problem to solve.

Have been working on a PC doing the same thing. The PC works fine except it will shut down when sleeping.

I have done the following stuff with negative results:

Reset Power options to defaults.

Updated drivers.

Ran a System File Check.

Ran system and component diagnostics.

Reset the BIOS to defaults.

Reset CMOS.

Updated the BIOS.

Reinstalled the operating system.

Disconnected all peripheral devices except mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

Reseated all motherboard connections and components.

I have come to the conclusion it may be a motherboard problem.

I have disabled sleep in Power Options pending a possible motherboard RMA to have the board checked by the OEM. Have not requested an RMA yet because the shutdown while sleeping issue is the only problem.

The PC works great except for the sleep problem!

Regards

HP Recommended

OK Thanks, its only doing it only a few times when in sleep mode, so not consistent yet and also having trouble with WI-FI Adapter not connecting automatically, as I've only started using this feature, you would think that these computers would lodged a fault code to say what component is the problem, like Vehicle Computers (ECU) do. I've done a HP System Extensive Test and all Passed.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

The WIFI driver or Bluetooth driver could be causing this.

Updates are available for both devices.

WIFI update (Link).

Bluetooth update (Link).

Try the updates. Get back to the forum with results.

Regards

HP Recommended

HI, It says I've already got that WIFI File on computer, would it be a faulty WIFI Adapter, is it a component or just software.

HP Recommended

I ended up Uninstalling Windows and Reinstalling and that fixed the Shutting down problem and I Uninstalled/Installed WIFI in Settings a few times and it fixed it, it came good after a few days and no problems with it all now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.