Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 510-P049A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, All of a sudden this last week this desktop wont go into Sleep Mode, we have changed nothing and all settings are the same as before, has the hardware or software failed. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

fate happens for sure MS updates

there are only 2 causes besides infections

1: the power setting are wrong  now, why I can not know that sitting here.

2: the drivers wrong for this PC are not HP drivers, for w10-64b

a you saying the auto sleep fails or the  force sleep.

on mine I can set control panel setting for power button set it from turn off (no) to sleep yes.

manual sleep commanded./

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hi Saavy2,

Thanks for your reply.

The power setting hasn't changed and on the Recommended power setting and yes the Auto Sleep has failed in the Power and Sleep settings, the screen goes to sleep at the allocated time, but computer wont go to sleep at any allocated times that I've changed to see if it works. I've done HP diagnosis and updates to No avail.

HP Recommended

Hi Savvy, I think it might be the HP Hardware, do you think as well, as I had another HP about 5 yrs ago and had problems with it not waking up from sleep and talked with HP for weeks with HP settings and then uninstalling/reinstalling Windows many times to no avail  and then it went to a Technician  and it was the hardware that was the problem and had to get another desktop.

HP Recommended

I rang up HP Support that were great and we did a 'Window 10 Update Assistant" and work again intermittent, but not totally fixed and they contacted Microsoft about this and a few days later it Permanently Slept every time, so was just a Microsoft update problem and not HP Hardware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.