1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 590-p0050

HP 590-p0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community,

I just recently bought an SSD for my computer. It is a western digital one tb with NVMe. My computer has a lincs motherboard. What kind of screw is needed to install the SSD? Thank you.

Also, when I install the SSD what steps do I need to take in order to clone by 1 tb HDD to the newly installed SSD?

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,912 5,899 559 1,238
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 590-p0050

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would create a backup image of your system now and back up data, create Macrium boot recovery media, and test to verify it works. Things can go bad when you attempt this type of modification to the factory setup.

Your PC's specs show a 16 GB PCIe SSD and a 1 TB HDD. It looks like you have an Intel Optane setup or you have some type of cache drive setup now. So you should have the required MB standoff and screw needed to install a 1 TB M.2 PCIe SSD.

I would check Programs and Features in Control Panel for Intel Optane software or Intel RST software. You may want to remove this software before you swap the M.2 drives and clone the operating system. Or run this software to disable Optane. The software should be found in Control Panel. Remember to make an image of your system before making any modifications to installed software and hardware.

Macrium Reflect free (Link) can be used to create an operating system image of the factory setup and can also be used to clone the HDD to the new M.2 SSD.

Instructions on both procedures can be reviewed at the following links:

Clone (Link)

Disk image (Link)

Please review Macrium's knowledge base (Link) for more info. You will also need to create Macrium rescue media (Link) so you can restore a disk image if something goes wrong .

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation