Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
750-170SE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Looking for help in setting up RAID on 750-170SE Desktop. I am unable to get the RAID controller menu.

Here is what I have done fo far.

I installed 2 SSD drives (Samsung EVO 850 500GB) in the chasis. The bios recognizes them as well as windows.

Went into the BIOS and changed the storage setting from AHCI to RAID. Next I was expecting some prompt (like CTRL+I)  'Setup RIAD devices". However, I do not see any change in the boot process after enabling RAID in the bios.

I am trying to setup RAID0 for the 2 SSDs.

The SSID is 2B4B. The only info I was able to find of this board was:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04790224

And even it was 'slim pickins' with no info on RAID controller or SATA specs.

Does anyone know if this baord has a RAID controller hidden somewhere, and how one may access it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on the information that you posted, your system should be crashing on boot up.

1. Be sure to create the external HP recovery media and save your data.
  2. Install the latest Intel IRST RAID drivers for your PC.
  3. Set your PC to boot up in safe mode.
  4. Power down and boot up into the BIOS, change AHCI to RAID and save.  Power off.
  5. Power up and you should now be running with the RAID drivers in safe. Reconfigure to boot normally.
  6. Power cycle the PC and now you should be running in RAID mode.
  7. Now use the Control Panel ---> Intel IRST Utility to set up for RAID.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on the information that you posted, your system should be crashing on boot up.

1. Be sure to create the external HP recovery media and save your data.
  2. Install the latest Intel IRST RAID drivers for your PC.
  3. Set your PC to boot up in safe mode.
  4. Power down and boot up into the BIOS, change AHCI to RAID and save.  Power off.
  5. Power up and you should now be running with the RAID drivers in safe. Reconfigure to boot normally.
  6. Power cycle the PC and now you should be running in RAID mode.
  7. Now use the Control Panel ---> Intel IRST Utility to set up for RAID.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply.

I had posted the note above on the pc with raid option enabled in bios. So no, it was not crashing 🙂

Turning the RAID option enabled both RAID and AHCI functions. I was booting off of the HP stock 2TB HDD.

Your recommended fix is valid though.

I used the IRST program to create a RAID0 array from within windows. Then when booting off of windows media for a clean install, Windows 10 setup was able to see the array. (Before the IRST step it would see individual drives).

So if there is anyone else out there also in the same boat, Intel Rapid Storage Technology is the way to go for managing RAID for this system.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@SlackerNo22193

If you have not installed the RAID drivers before changing the BIOS to RAID mode then your PC would have crashed since the AHCI driver would have been loaded.

We need to keep the information clear so that others needing advice don't make mistakes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.