Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
8100 Elite CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP 8100 Elite CMT has been a daily driver for my folks and had been well taken care of. Prower shut downs and regular cleaning to the internals to prevent dust clogs. 

This fine day, the desktop just decided not to power on for some reason. I did not simple troubleshooting to ensure nothing is out of the blue. 

1) Power plugs connectors are all connected well on the motherboard

2) Remove any HW that might cause the system not to power on

3) Clear the CMOS 

4) Change a new set of battery 

After all this steps it stil fails to power on however I notice something strange. On the initial power (when I plug into the main outlet) I will see the green light indicator light up on the motherboard for a quick sec before if goes off. Just wondering, is the motherboard dead or the power supply dying? 

Anyone has any clue on this? Really need the help on this. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.