midimid
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 8200 Elite USDT / USFF upgrades

HP Recommended
HP 8200 Elite USDT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an old HP 8200 Elite USDT that I would like to try to upgrade a bit.

Chipset is Intel Q65 Express / Sandy Bridge.

HP's Product Specs 

• RAM: There are two DDR3 SODIMM slots. The specifications hint at it only supporting up to 2x 4gb (8gb) of RAM. Has anyone tried 2x 8gb (16gb)?
  • Storage: There is a mini PCIe slot for a WLAN/Bluetooth card. Has anyone tried an SSD on this connector? If so, can you boot from it?
  • Storage: Could I replace the HD or slim Optical with M.2's via something like this?
  • USB3: I can't think of a single way to get USB3 hooked up to this desktop. Is there perhaps a device that can replace the slim optical slot with a set of external USB3?
  • MXM / GPU: Supports MXM 3.0, Type-2. What have people tried beyond HP's ATI 5450 that the original system had available? What are some PSU upgrade options to support higher-end cards?

Thanks! Looking to try and reuse this desktop.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation